PDF Documents linked from this page require Adobe Acrobat Reader (free) or an Equivalent (Preview in Mac OSX)
  When you see the plus symbol on this page it means "expand me" for more information. So click on it when you see it.

JBLM (Fort Lewis) access permits -

Effective May 1st, 2016 a regular/standard Washington State Drivers License is no longer an acceptable form of ID! Link to acceptable forms of ID here. For the general public, an enhanced drivers license PLUS one of the items listed is required for access.

New web page for Range Support (includes new geo-referenced PDF map for use on your smartphone)

** New on line map showing training area boundaries. Your choice of basemap. **

New change effective immediately! Call Range Control before driving to the gate. Non-military personnel at Range Control are no longer allowed to complete your paperwork! Their phone number is 253-967-6371. You need to make sure someone authorized will be there when you go.

Drive to the main gate (I-5 exit # 120) and go to the visitor center and obtain a day pass. That allows you onto the base so you can get to the area access office, building T-4074, Area Access Office (Range Control), at the intersection of Stryker and Kaufman Avenues. Their phone number is 253-967-6371. Permits recorded message number is 253-967-6277. Cards are good for two years. Open Monday Thru Friday 9am to 5pm, Saturday and Sunday 8am to 2pm. Call ahead to confirm!

Google Map directions to Building T-4074 once on base.

One additional note - when you do go, be sure you have the vehicle registration and vehicle license plate number (for the vehicle you will use to haul your horse trailer) with you. The trailer registration and license plate number is needed as well. You will also need your drivers license (photo ID) and you will be asked for your home address and phone number. If you have passengers when you visit the base for the purpose of obtaining a permit, they also should have ID on them as well or they will not be allowed to enter the base.

AND REMEMBER TO CALL JBLM EACH TIME YOU GO RIDING 253-967-6277 (24 Hours) no earlier than 8:00am the day before. Provide name, permit number, training area, time in and estimated time out and what you will be doing.

Display your JBLM vehicle permit on the vehicle dashboard.

Emergency Fort number: 253-307-8215 or 911

You need to know if the training area is either open or closed? - so go here

Here is a map of the training area locations. (Here is a PDF version if you prefer - 1.2 Mb) See the on line version above.

JBLM Training Area Patrol web link (includes an email link you can contact them with)

  WDFW - Scatter Creek Unit of the Scatter Creek Wildlife Area (WDFW link)

Used to access private timber lands west of the wildlife area. WDFW attempts to post notification at the trailhead regarding closure of the private lands.

WDFW horse trail map (please stay on it and don't ruin it for others)
Port Blakley information link
Campbell Global contact information
Weyerhaeuser information - access fee required (lands to the north)
  Washington State Discover Pass
  Lists of lists "Ten Essentials", What to have in your first aid kit, and so forth.
  Conditions It's a good idea to call as the Web pages are not always current
  All in one page (links to USFS, DNR, National Parks)
  Phone numbers
  Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest
  Colville National Forest Conditions table
  Gifford Pinchot National Forest Conditions table
  Olympic National Forest Conditions table
  Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest
  Olympic National Park
  North Cascades National Park
  Pacific Crest Trail by section
  User Trail Reports
  Back Country Horsemen
  How it all (BCHA) began - 1972 BCHW began to form in 1968 eventually organizing in 1977
  Back Country Horsemen of Washington, Facebook (public), Facebook (internal)
  BCHW Chapters :
  Buckhorn Range, Facebook
  Capitol Riders, Facebook
  Cascade Horse Club
  Crab Creek Riders
  Ferry County, Facebook
  Grays Harbor, Facebook
  Inland Empire, Facebook
  Island County, Facebook
  Lewis County, Facebook
  Methow Valley, Blog, Facebook
  Mount Adams, Facebook
  Mt Olympus, Facebook
  Mount St. Helens, Facebook
  Nisqually, Facebook, Facebook (closed group)
  Northeast, Facebook
  Oakland Bay, Facebook, Facebook (closed group)
  Okanogan Valley, Facebook
  Olympic, Facebook
  Peninsula, Facebook
  Pierce County, Facebook (closed group)
  Ponderosa, Facebook
  Purple Sage Riders, Facebook
  Rattlesnake Ridge Riders, Facebook
  Scatter Creek Riders, Facebook (closed group)
  Skagit, Facebook
  Tahoma, Facebook (closed group)
  Traildusters, Facebook
  Wenas Valley, Facebook
  Wenatchee Valley, Facebook
  Whatcom, Facebook
  Willapa Hills, Facebook
  Yakima Valley, Facebook
  BCHW Chapter Locator
  Back Country Horsemen of America
  Back Country Horsemen of Idaho
  Back Country Horsemen of Oregon
  Back Country Horsemen of Montana
  Back Country Horsemen of California
  Back Country Horsemen of Wyoming
  Back Country Horsemen of British Columbia
  Top of Page
  Travel/Transporting into other States

In addition to health requirements you also need to be aware of the CDL (Commercial Drivers License) requirements for each state that you may be traveling through. Each state varies. And each law enforcement officer or agricultural agent may have a different understanding of the regulations than their partner (there is a LOT of confusion out there!)

In 1986, Congress passed the Federal Commercial Motor Vehicle Safety Act (FCMVSA/86). This law requires each State to meet the same minimum standards for commercial driver licensing. The states may have more stringent regulations of their own, but they may not lessen the standards.

Why should this information be important to you? Fines for violating the Federal Commercial Motor Vehicle Safety Act requirements are high!

Different officers/agents may interpret whether you fall into the "Commercial" category differently and this is mainly where the confusion enters the picture. If you make any kind of money off the horses such as prizes at a rodeo, and you've told the officer/agent this, they could label you as a commercial driver. If your trailer is plastered with sponsor emblems, they most likely will label you as a commercial driver. If you haul livestock for hire, you are a commercial driver. There was a saying during World War Two, "loose lips sink ships". Don't offer information not asked for.

Depending on your weight (truck and loaded trailer) CDL requirements vary as well. If you are big enough to require air brakes then you definitely need a CDL.

Generally to not need a CDL your total weight must be under 26,001 pounds. Some states vary on the GVWR (gross vehicle weight rating) of the trailer, most are at 10,000 but a few have 14,000.

Your CDL should also allow you to drive interstate (between states) rather than just intrastate (within the state). CDLs come in three classes, A, B and C. Usually all you need is a Class A license.

We suggest you start here and look at each state's DMV web site to see if they require you to have a CDL. If necessary you should call or email those states.

The below information we hope is accurate but when in doubt contact the appropriate DMV.

An exemption for farmers/ranchers exists but it is limited to a radius of 150 miles from your farm/ranch.

Here in Washington state you need a CDL if your vehicle weighs 26,001 pounds or more. Vehicles hauling trailers weighing 10,001 pounds or more with a combined weight of 26,001 pounds or higher requires a CDL. And remember, that includes the animal's weight. And if you have a camper on the back of your pick-up that needs to be included as well.

Oregon requires a CDL for operation of vehicles weighing 26,001 pounds or more.

California requires that any fifth-wheel trailer (goose-neck) with a gross vehicle weight rating of 10,000 pounds to 15,000 pounds requires a fifth-wheel recreational trailer endorsement and anything with a gross vehicle weight rating over 15,000 pounds requires a class A non-commercial license.

Idaho requires a CDL when a vehicle and trailer with a combined gross vehicle weight rating is 26,001 pounds or more, provided that the weight of the vehicle being towed is over 10,000 pounds.

Montana requires a CDL when a vehicle and trailer with a combined gross vehicle weight rating is 26,001 pounds or more, provided that the weight of the vehicle being towed is over 10,000 pounds.

Wyoming requires a CDL when a vehicle and trailer with a combined gross vehicle weight rating is 26,001 pounds or more, provided that the weight of the vehicle being towed is over 10,000 pounds.

Nevada requires a CDL when a vehicle and trailer with a combined gross vehicle weight rating is 26,001 pounds or more, provided that the weight of the vehicle being towed is over 10,000 pounds. The exception is for "recreational vehicles". The officer or agent may or may not deem your truck and trailer combination to be a "recreational vehicle".

Utah requires a CDL when a single vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) is 26,001 pounds or more or a trailer with a GVWR of more than 10,000 pounds if the gross combination weight rating is more than 26,001 pounds (both truck and trailer).

Arizona requires a Class A CDL if you will drive a combination vehicle (truck and trailer) whose trailer has a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 10,001 pounds or more and whose total weight with the truck is 26,001 pounds or more. If you will drive a vehicle whose GVWR is 26,001 pounds or more, you will need a Class B CDL. With this license, you can also tow a trailer whose weight does not exceed 10,000 pounds.

Texas requires a class A CDL when the gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of the truck and trailer together are greater than or equal to 26,001 pounds and the trailer alone has a GVWR greater than 10,000 pounds.

  Coggins required for interstate movement between Washington, Oregon and Idaho - January 2017 - Coggins Exemption Lifted: Notice to Horse Owners: An agreement between Idaho, Oregon and Washington exempting Coggins testing for transport of horses across state lines has been lifted. According to Idaho State Department of Agriculture officials, horses being transported between the three states will be required to have a Coggins test from an accredited veterinarian in the last 12 months. The rule is currently being processed through state government channels and will be rescinded in the coming weeks. The agreement is being removed because of positive tests found in Idaho and the neighboring states. State veterinary officials believe it's no longer appropriate to keep the testing exemption in place. For more information contact the Idaho State Department of Agriculture or the Idaho Horse Council.

On February 10th 2017 Oregon DOA sent a letter to Veterinarians notifying them that the Oregon Department of Agriculture is terminating the Memorandum of Understanding between Oregon, Washington and Idaho. Horses in the three states have been testing positive for Equine Infectious Anemia or EIA. Importation requirements for Oregon will include a CVI (certificate of veterinary inspection), entry permit and a negative Coggins test within the prior six months of entry. Questions? Oregon DOA 503-986-4680
  Transporting OUT of Washington State
  Washington State Rule Change Effective 1/30/15 NEW
  Washington Health Requirements
  Idaho Health Requirements
  Montana Health Requirements   News Release - Stock Travel Requirements, New requirement as of 1/1/15
  Oregon Health Requirements
  Wyoming Health Requirements
  California Health Requirements
  Arizona Health Requirements
  Utah Health Requirements
  New Mexico Health Requirements
  Nevada Health Requirements
  British Columbia Canada Health Requirements
  Weather and Traffic Info (Washington State DOT site)
  Washington State travelers map (Washington State DOT site)
  Washington State Interstate Exit Guide
  Bordering State and Province travel
  Top of Page
  Coggins - Equine Infectious Anemia (EIA)
  Entering Yellowstone National Park

As there are a number of trails that come in to the park from outside the park boundary, you should have your paperwork with you at all times, even if having started your ride from a trailhead inside the park. Rangers have no way of knowing where you started from and can ask to see your paperwork.
  Entering Grand Canyon National Park

Go with the Flow:
As a safety precaution, commercial mule strings have the right-of-way. Riders must pull off the trail and yield, backtracking if necessary.

Travel in these directions during specific times:

  • Bright Angel Trail Downhill After 9 am in summer (April to October); 10 am in winter (November to March)
  • Uphill Phantom Ranch to Indian Garden—arrive by 10 am in summer or 10:30 am in winter and wait for concessionaire mule strings; or depart Phantom Ranch after 1 pm in summer or 2 pm in winter
  • Uphill Indian Garden to Trailhead–after noon
  • South Kaibab Trail Downhill after 1 pm Uphill after 7:30 am in summer; after 9 am in winter
  • North Kaibab Trail Downhill before 7 am
  • Uphill Phantom Ranch to Supai Tunnel—anytime
  • Uphill Supai Tunnel to Trailhead—after 2:30 pm only; stage at Cottonwood Campground, departing no earlier than 12:30 pm so you leave Supai Tunnel after Canyon Trail Rides

Day Use: No permits required for day use. Prior to riding from the South Rim, check in with the Backcountry Information Center and XanterraLivery Management.
On the North Rim, check in with the Backcountry Information Center and Canyon Trail Rides.

Overnight Use:

Backcountry permits: Overnight use on the North Rim or at Inner Canyon campsites requires a permit from the Grand Canyon Permits Office. Submit a backcountry permit request form on the first of the month, four months prior to the start date.

Fees: $10 processing plus $5 for each person and $5 for each equine per night.

North Rim Horse Camp: (May 15 to November 1; water may be shut off earlier, weather depending) One site; 0.25 miles (0.4 km) north of the North Kaibab Trailhead; pit toilet, picnic table, campfire ring, potable water, and small corral. One person must camp with stock. Maximum six equines, six people, and two vehicles; maximum trailer length 30 feet (9 m).

Tuweep Campground: No camping; no trailers.

Inner Canyon:
Bright Angel Campground, near Phantom Ranch, and Cottonwood Campground, along the North Kaibab Trail, each accept one equine group per night. Phantom Ranch guests must have one person camp with the animals; hitching rail provided, no corral available; permit required.

South Rim Horse Camp: Two sites at Mather Campground include picnic tables, campfire rings, water, two corrals with water troughs, and feeders. Restrooms nearby. No electricity. Per site maximum of six equines, six people, and two vehicles; maximum trailer length 30 feet (9 m). $25 per site per night. Reservations: 877-444-6777 or

Feed and Water:

Feed: Clean trailers, hooves, coat, mane, and tails prior to entering the park. Feed stock weed-free forage or processed feed a few days before the trip. To prevent introducing non-native plants in the park, use only certified weed-free forage— hay, straw, and mulch. Proof of certification tags required. Forage may not be taken beyond trailheads. Use pelletized feed, hay cubes, and grain products in the backcountry. Do not leave feed on the ground; use a feedbag or tarp. Pack out unused feed. Grazing not permitted.

Storage: Feed should be stored in rodent-proof containers. At camp, use a long rope to hang feed from pack poles.

Water: Available at Indian Garden day-use area and Bright Angel and Cottonwood campgrounds. Animals may be watered directly from natural water sources where streams cross maintained trails. Equines cannot linger in stream crossings; use collapsible canvas buckets to transport water.

  Entering Bryce Canyon National Park

October 6, 2014               15-01

For Immediate Release

Kathleen Gonder, 435-834-4741

Revised Rules for Horseback Riding Take Effect February, 1 2015 at Bryce Canyon National Park

Bryce Canyon National Park initiated a public comment period for 30 days beginning March 26, 2014 regarding proposed changes for users of privately-owned stock on designated horse trails within the park. Changes are intended to ensure the safety of all visitors and to protect park resources. Trails open to horseback riding are steep and narrow given the terrain below the Canyon rim and offer limited space for stock groups to pass. It is the intent of the park, the trail ride concessionaire and private equestrian users to promote, and be proactive in, equestrian safety and safe trail use.   The new rules below take effect February 1, 2015. Details and specific requirements can be found at:

Park Superintendent Jeff Bradybaugh thanked the many people that responded during the public comment period: “Approximately 400 individuals or organizational representatives responded and provided comments via mail, phone, and principally by e-mail. With expert assistance from the park’s trail ride concessionaire and officers from Backcountry Horsemen of Utah, the park has analyzed the issues and public comments and has devised solutions. Bryce Canyon National Park appreciates the many constructive comments and suggestions provided and we have utilized them in finalizing rules for private equestrian use at the park.” An analysis of issues, comments and solutions can be found at the web site listed above.

Required Use of Guides

The park initially proposed that all private equestrians would be required to hire a guide to maximize safety and reduce trail conflicts. Respondents universally felt a guide was unneeded.  The new rules will not require private equestrians to hire a guide. Park Rangers will discuss safety procedures, Leave No Trace and trail etiquette during private equestrian groups check-in, similar to long-established procedures at the park, but will provide greater emphasis on trail directional routing (one-way only), areas of steep or narrow trails, and the area with two-way horse traffic. Eliminating the guiding requirement places responsibility on all equestrian users to carefully adhere to trip scheduling and directional routing on the park horse trails to maximize safety.


Scheduling for private riding parties was recommended by most respondents and will be used as a technique to avoid potential crowding, encounters with concession rides and to help alleviate associated safety concerns. Park staff, concessionaire and officers from Backcountry Horsemen of Utah examined scheduling options at different times of day. Departure times for private equestrian groups from the concession day corral will be: 7:30am; 12:30pm; 4:30pm and every half hour thereafter up to 1 hour before sunset.  Private equestrians will be required to schedule their ride for one of these times at least 72 hours in advance by contacting the Park via e-mail: 

Trail Routing and Wayfinding

Trail routing will remain the same as it is currently. Additional signage will be added to assist equestrians in route finding where trails intersect and to provide users with directions for safe flow. Scheduling of both private equestrian rides and concession trail rides will be used to minimize 2-way encounters of horse ride groups moving in opposite directions on the portion of the trail between the Rim and the head of Binkie Hollow (Falling Rock) and to maintain safe separation of groups on one-way sections, particularly on the west side of the Peek-a-Boo Loop where the trail is exceptionally steep and narrow.

Equestrian Group Size

A number of respondents commented that specifying group size may assist in managing equestrian safety and use. Most private equestrians visiting the park consist of groups of less than 8 riders and horses. For safety reasons, the park trail ride concession must maintain a guide to guest ratio of 1 guide per 10 riders or less. The park has established a limit of 10 riders and their mounts per private equestrian group.

Equine Health and Testing for Equine Infectious Anemia (Coggins Testing)

Equine Infectious Anemia is an infectious disease of horses for which there is no vaccine, treatment or cure. Utah law requires that all stock entering from outside of Utah must have a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection and the certificate must show a negative Equine Infectious Anemia (Coggins) test within the past 12 months. This applies to stock domiciled in Utah that leave Utah and subsequently return to the State. Equines domiciled in the State that do not leave Utah are not required to have a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection nor documentation of a negative Equine Infectious Anemia (Coggins) test. Park staff, concessionaire and officers from Backcountry Horsemen of Utah discussed these requirements and Park staff consulted with the State Veterinarian’s Office, Utah Department of Agriculture and Food, in order to develop a practical rule in compliance with state law and protective of equine health.

The following requirements will be in place for the park and apply to concession, privately-owned or NPS-owned or contracted horses and mules:

a) All stock brought to the park that originate from outside of Utah must have a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (valid for 30 days) and the certificate must show a negative Equine Infectious Anemia (Coggins - AGID or ELISA) test within the past 12 months.

b) Utah equestrians must certify that their animals have not left the State in the past 6 months; otherwise the requirements for Certificate of Veterinary Inspection and a negative Coggins test will apply.

c) Utah law requires that owners of any horses being transported within Utah, whether originating in Utah or from another State must carry proof of ownership. Approved forms of proof of ownership are found at the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food web site:

Proof of ownership will also be used to verify the requirement for a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection and Coggins testing, for out-of-state horses.

d) Rangers will check the documentation described above prior to stock being allowed in the park and equestrians will be required to provide proper documentation and certify that their stock meet these requirements.

Bryce Canyon National Park greatly appreciates the many constructive comments and suggestions provided by the public. We encourage equestrians to visit the web site listed above to find detailed information on horseback riding and to help them plan and enjoy their equestrian experience in Bryce Canyon National Park.


Kathleen Gonder, Chief of Interpretation and Visitor Information, Bryce Canyon National Park, 435-834-4740 (Office) 435-690-0084 (Cell)
  Entering Zion National Park

Phone conversation with the Park Superintendent at Zion NP 10/6/14 9:06 am PST. A couple things of note.

There is a concessionaire and private stock is not allowed on the same trails as the concessionaire while the concessionaire is operating in the park (March through October).

So far as weed-free feed - itís only for an overnight stay (limited to one night). No requirement for day-use! Strange? Yes! But that is how it is. They need some way to verify itís weed free, so if thatís the string in a bale, original bag, or bucket, thatís what it needs to be in. Start feeding at least 48 hours before your visit.

State of Utah requirements - All livestock transported within or entering the state must have a valid health certificate issued by a certified veterinarian in the state of origin. In addition to the health certificate, all horses must also have had a negative Coggins test within the last year. Zion is simply verifying you have the documentation by asking for it.
  Entering Joshua Tree National Park

For equine movements into the state, California requires a valid Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI), issued within 30 days before entry, and evidence of a negative Equine Infectious Anemia (EIA) test performed at a USDA-approved laboratory within twelve (12) months before the date of entry. An EIA test "pending" result does not meet the entry requirement.

California import requirements specify that all horses, cattle, sheep, goats and swine originating from any state where vesicular stomatitis (VS) has been diagnosed, (except cattle and swine transported directly to slaughter), must be accompanied by a health certificate (certificate of veterinary inspection) and signed by an accredited veterinarian that includes the following statement:

"I have examined all the animals identified on this certificate and found them to be free from signs of Vesicular Stomatitis (VS). During the last thirty (30) days, these animals have not been exposed to VS nor located within a 10 mile radius of a premises where VS has been diagnosed."

  Top of Page
  Animated Knots (a series of images)
  American Horse Council
  Back Country Horsemen's Worldwide Chatter Box
  Capitol Forest dot com privately run web site all things Capitol State Forest
  Capitol Forest Yahoo Group discuss issues with other users and DNR
  Center for Outdoor Ethics Leave-No-Trace Program
  DNR Lands State map showing Regions, DNR Regions web page
  Equestrians Institute (Driving, Eventing, Dressage) New
  Equine Land Conservation Resource Youtube video Equss Special Report - Losing Ground: The Greatest Threat
  Functional Horsemanship Tie a High-Line (and other useful information)
  Gmap4 Enhanced Google mapping (Satellite, Topo, even Canadian Topo maps; overlay KML or other file types on the map)
  Green Trails Maps
  Horse Riding Safety for Lightning Storms
  Horse Riding Tips
  High Sierra Packer's Association
  National Outdoor Leadership School
  Northwest Horse Source magazine
  Washington Assoc. of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
  Washington State Horse Park
  Washington State Livestock Coalition and Facebook
  Washington Wildlife and Recreation Coalition
  Weed Science Society of America
  Top of Page
  Trails and Horse Camps
  Capitol Riders list of horse camps with coordinates and camp information
  Banner Forest - Kitsap County Park
  Blue Lake horse trail (Site doesn't let you preview maps before purchase) Maps come on tough tear proof paper
  Federal Lands Recreation web site
  GORP - Great Outdoor Recreation Pages
  Horse & Mule Trail Guide USA
  Horseback Riding Trails - by state
  International Horse Directory (stables, arenas and more)
  John Wayne Pioneer Wagons and Riders Association
  King County Executive Horse Council (includes horse trail information and links)
  Lewis & Clark State Park (has 5 miles of horse trail)
  Mount Baker - Snoqualmie NF
  National Park Service
  National Park Service Rivers, Trails, and Conservation Assistance Program
  Okanogan National Forest
  Okanogan-Wentachee National Forest Horse Riding Trails
  Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest Horse Camps with a brochure describing camps
  Olympic Discovery Trail - LaPush to Port Townsend
  Olympic National Park, Current Trail Conditions
  Olympic National Park equestrian info
  Pacific Crest Trail Association
  Pacific Crest Trail Association - Equestrian Center
  Pierce County - Foothills Trail (the single county horse trail)
  Thurston County trails (see info regarding equestrian use)
  Trailsource trails
  Umatilla National Forest Pomeroy District Trails
  US Bureau of Land Management
  US Forest Service Interactive Map
  Washington Horseback Riding Trails
  Washington State Department of Natural Resources Recreation
  Washington Trails Association trail reports
  Wenatchee National Forest Horse Camps GORP site
  West Fork Humptulips river trail description (WTA site) USFS web page USFS Ranger District web page (recreation report)  River photo
  Top of Page
  Packing with Horse or Mule
  Packing with Horses
  Books - Mt Canary Company
  Packing Tips
  Leave No Trace Ultralight horse packing
  PCT (Pacific Crest Trail) equestrian info
       Long Riders on the PCT
       Trail Journals
       Sandy's (Wade ?) journal 1985 PCT ride
  Weed-Free Feed notes
  Washington State Department of Agriculture - Weed-Free Hay Program (link to growers is here)
Check your local feed stores as well.
Thurston County -
Sharon Barner, Owner
3614C Black Lake Blvd SW
Tumwater, WA 98512
(1 to 2 weeks notice please)

Carol Ptak
Griffon Ranch
(360) 736-0674
certified weed free grass hay at $7/bale
No minimum bales required

Merten Ranch
1011 Tucker Rd
PO Box 1377
Toledo WA 98591
(360) 864-8848
WWHAM Certified Weed Free Hay

  Horse treat recipes
  Top of Page
  Camp cooking
  Member's favorites
  3 Prime Rib recipes (all use rock salt, one uses a camp stove) 2 page PDF
  Troop 26 BSA Parkville MD - 500 Dutch Oven recipes (PDF 689 Kb)
  Campfire Cooking (1125 recipes by (PDF 5.39 Mb with images)
  Chuck Wagon Supply
  Dutch Oven cooking including recipes
  Housatonic Council BSA Derby CT - 850+ Recipes
  How many coals should I use? ( Lodge Briquette Chart )
  International Dutch Oven Society
  Lodge Cast Iron Manufacturing recipes
  Old West cooking
  West Virginia Department of Agriculture - Cast Iron Cookbook I
  West Virginia Department of Agriculture - Cast Iron Cookbook II
  Wilderness Society Camp-Fire Cookbook
  Troop 1577 BSA Herndon VA - DO Cookbook
  Idaho State University - DO Cookbook
  Utah State University - DO Cooking
  University of Idaho - DO Cooking
  North Dakota 4-H - DO Cooking
  Rising Star BSA - DO Cooking
  Dutchin for Dummies
  Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles - DO Recipes

Iowa State Fair - Demonstration DO Recipes

  Indiana Wild Game Recipes
  Camp Chef Cast Iron Recipes
  Troop 288 BSA DO Dessert Recipes
  Dutch Oven Ravioli Lasagna
  Slow Cooker To Dutch Oven Conversion
  Top of Page
  Other groups (non-BCHW)
  American Mule Association
  Appleatchee Riders
  Clark County Saddle Club, Facebook
  Kitsap Lady Trail Riders
  Kitsap Saddle Club, Facebook (closed group)
  The Long Riders Guild
  McCleary Riders (disbanded)
  Meridian Riding Club
  Mossyrock Horse and Riders, Facebook
  Mt Adams Trail Riders
  Old People's Riding Club
  Roslyn Riders, Facebook
  South Seattle Saddle Club
  Washington State Horsemen
  Western Washington Longears
  Top of Page
  Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (National) West Nile Virus information
  Equine First Aid in the Back Country
  Henneke Body Condition Scoring System
  Holistic Veterinary West Nile info
  Hove care
  Horse Diseases
  Horse Health Spa
  Horse Kinetics
  Horse Scoring with photos
  Merck Veterinary Manual
  Net Vet - Horse
  Rehabilitating the neglected horse
  Washington State Department of Health West Nile Virus information
  West Nile Virus Activity in the state of Washington
Washington State Department of Health
Office of Environmental Health, Safety, and Toxicology
PO Box 47825, Olympia, WA 98504-7825
Phone: 360-236-3385 Toll Free: 1-877-485-7316

  Grooming 101
  Natural Grooming Guidelines (non-show)
  Top of Page
  Hooved Animal Rescue of Thurston County
  Washington State Animal Response Team (WASART)
  Stables and Arenas
  Flying M Stables - calendar listing
  boarding farms
  Emergency Preparedness
  Evacuation and other topics
  Washington State Animal Response Team (WASART)
  Washington State Search and Rescue
  Personal, Family and Animal Preparedness
  Thurston County CERT Training Free. CERT (Community Emergency Response Teams) is a 20-hour training program that prepares you to help yourself, family, neighbors and co-workers in the event of a disaster. It was created in 1985 by the Los Angeles City Fire Department and adopted by FEMA in 1993.
  Washington State Ham Radio Clubs (not complete) Why list this? It's all about communication. When the phones are out these folks can get through to anywhere in the world.
  Red Cross pet checklist
  FEMA livestock Guidelines for disaster
  Top of Page